The six steps to achieve good leadership
Any professionals dream of the day they will be promoted or lead their team. However, although some people were not born with this ability, it is possible to acquire it. Also, that skill needed to be visualized more broadly and exercised every day.
Ask a manager or director what they expect for their career in 2013. They will always want to achieve higher positions. It is part of the ambition of the human being, and even of the career plan to develop throughout life. However, this cannot be achieved without first developing leadership, since the highest responsibilities require managing people, and this challenge is not easy.
According to Eduardo Shinyashiki, president of the consultancy CreSer, specialized in the development of leadership competencies, that skill can be acquired, learned, improved and trained. Even, it is not enough to have natural gifts, talent and leadership potential, if they were not perfected, developed and put at the service of an objective.
The specialist points, then, to six fundamental characteristics to be a leader that makes a difference in the company.
1. Know how to lead: Caring for and strengthening personal skills, to maintain focus. This will help nothing to interfere in obtaining the desired objective.
2. Pay attention to the human capital: For the leader, it is essential to recognize the experiences and competencies of the people who make up the team, because it allows the concretization of the results. The valuation of an idea, a dream, together with the ability to excite people to be dedicated, creative and feel that they belong to something, are values that are not measured in numbers or calculators because they are considered fundamental in the construction and maintenance of stable and prosperous teams.
3. Inspire the team: This happens when employees share a collective identity that orients attitudes and catalyzes energies. The leader indicates the direction and checks the route, transmits the mission and the importance of the task and actions, orienting and harmonizing the objectives and individual goals with the groups, this balance being the primary source that drives the team's success.
4. Making things happen: The leader must keep employees excited, remain creative and innovative, and be able to make plans on paper materialize. It is through motivating words that the team can be stayed focused on the objectives, creating a balance that contributes to surpassing the individual limits and reaching the goals together.
5. Be willing to learn: The leader needs to be attentive and open to changes, so he must analyze the different scenarios, and always be ready to learn. This allows it to reinvent itself when it is necessary to innovate, creating the right strategies to achieve success.
6. Have communication management: This is essential for who leads people. Through effective communication, the leader strengthens the interpersonal relationships in the team, developing, then, cooperation and integration. Improve and enhance verbal and non-verbal communication, allows understanding, recognizing and accompanying the criteria by which the human being thinks, makes and decides.